Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Is there really such a thing as an unselfish good deed…

you know like letting a bee sting you? Training is still going great! I’m on track to get my 15 miles in this week and I’m feeling great. The other day as I was on one of my walks I was thinking about all the wonderful things I am going to benefit from participating in the 3 Day. It got me thinking….Is there really such a thing as an unselfish good deed? Insert flashback to the “Friends” episode where Phoebe let the bee sting her.


As I’ve said before, between the training and the actual walk I should logging close to 645 miles. Since having Kamden, which was almost 4 years ago, I’ve wanted to get back into shape and into a regular workout routine. Training equals getting into shape, goal accomplished. Since we have moved into this house, and the kids started accumulating things, I’ve wanted to de-clutter and get my house organized. We are planning on having a 3 Day garage sale. In order to find things to sell I need to go through this entire house. Getting house organized - check! In the last few years I’ve found it hard to find time just for myself. Well, now I have on the average of 6 to 8 hours a week all to myself. Participating in the 3 Day is going to challenge me in ways I haven’t challenged myself before. I believe it is through challenging yourself you find new courage to push yourself to try things you many never would have imaged and would otherwise miss out on.

No comments:

Post a Comment