Saturday, May 8, 2010

Hitting the Road

I’ve slacked a little on the blogging but I assure you I’ve still been logging my training miles. I’ve logged over 130 miles now and I’ve been feeling great. A about three weeks ago I broke down and purchased a double walking stroller. I love it so far. I wasn’t sure how the kids would do on long walks; I should really say I wasn’t sure how Mattie would do. Kamden has always been pretty good in the stroller and will find something to entertain himself. Mattie HATES being confined too long so I was a little worried how she would do. I drug Mike with me and we took the kids on a 5 mile walk, with a quick little pit stop for them, and I’m happy to say they did great. Hopeful that will continue and they can log a few more miles with mommy.

Two weeks ago I was on a work trip in Atlanta and it was the first time I really struggled to get my miles in. It was also the first time I actually missed a walk (5 miles). Once a year I go on a weeklong trip and work like a mad woman. I’m happy to say that even though I missed one walk I still did pretty good getting my miles in while working 10 to 12 hrs days.

Today Les and I joined a training walk in Albertville. Our training schedule said we should log 8 miles today but we ended up logging 10.5. Barbara, the lady organizing and leading the walk, is 62 yrs old, a 30 yr breast cancer survivor and a third time walker. I had to work to keep up with her and on at mile 10 she was a good 30 feet in front of me. It was great getting out there and training with other walkers but I’m a little nervous because I have some serious shin splints and my plantar fasciitis is flaring up in my left foot. I’m hoping two days of resting it I can be back out hitting the road.

1 comment:

  1. Jenn, so great to meet you at our sale over the weekend. Thanks for all of the effort in coming and getting all of our remaining items. Hope you have a greatly successful sale and a fabulous experience.

    ReplyDelete